Dr. Sanders will meet you at your gym to write a customized program specifically for your goals and to fit your schedule. The primary topics will include:
· Minimum weekly exercise requirements to meet your goal
· Warming up, cooling down and when to utilize the different types of stretching
· Strength training
· Cardiovascular endurance training
· Nutritional recommendations
Dr. Sanders will teach you proper lifting form and help you determine your starting weights, distance, time etc. for each exercise prescribed. He will also write the recommended number of strength training sets and repetitions on cardstock paper for you to record your progress at each gym/practice session. Dr. Sanders will always be glad to answer questions; after a few weeks, he will follow up to assess your progress and update your program to ensure efficiency as you continue working toward your goal.
Dr. Sanders can schedule consultations with individuals, groups and sports teams. If you are an athlete looking to enhance your competitive edge, he can write a conditioning program for an entire year. For this long-term regimen, he will direct you through periodization, in which each phase of the sport season (off-season, preseason, in-season and postseason) has different training priorities and nutritional guidelines.
Dr. Sanders can help you improve your diet to reduce inflammation, boost your immune system, increase your energy levels and prevent disease. He will address your specific concerns, and help you understand important nutritional considerations, including:
· Individual caloric intake requirements related to basal metabolic rate and activity level
· Macronutrient requirements (protein, fats, carbohydrates and fiber)
· Blood glucose levels and their effect on metabolism